Friday 28 August 2009

1/52

I can walk!

I had my first physio appointment today. The first thing the nice physio lady had me do was walk without crutches. She's said that I can walk about at home without them, and I just need the one of them for when I'm out.

So this afternoon I have been pottering about the flat completely un-aided. I even made a couple of sarnies and carried them to the living room on a plate. No longer do I need to put my food into a tuppaware box and then carry that to the living room in my rucksack! Later I think I'll make a pot of tea.

I've been given a few more exercises to get on with. I need to get my hamstrings nice and strong to help out the ACL. I'll be doing those religiously each day, and will hopefully be back to strength soon.

I think that I will return back to the office next week (after the bank holiday).

All in all, it's been a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment