Sunday 23 August 2009

Back Home

I'm back at home, and starting the long road to recovery. Everything I have read says that it's going to me about a year before I am properly back to sports. In the mean time I am starting to get the leg moving as best I can.

I'm able to walk about, I have even been out to hobble round Tesco and go out to Costa for a coffee. I'm on the crutches still, as the leg wont take full weight, so for now I cant carry things unless I put them in a rucksack. I hope to lose the crutches soon, if I work hard at my exercises.

At the moment I think that my range of motion is about 120ish degrees. My recovery plan says that my brace is set to 90 degrees for the first four weeks, and then it will be opened up completely for the remaining two weeks.

It's not going to be fast, but I will make this leg go again. I have a trip to New Zealand in 7 months time. My plans of climbing and running there are out now, but I want to be able to walk about and take pictures.

Now, back to the exercises!

1 comment:

  1. don't over do it though. you need to rest it aswell as keep it moving. otherwise you'll do more harm that good

    ReplyDelete