Wednesday 26 August 2009

Getting There

Yesterday I started to walk a lot easier. I'm not sure what happened, I just noticed that I was putting a lot less weight though the crutches.

I've been trying to increase the amount I can bend the knee, and I think that I'm down to about 100 degrees.

All of the bending seems to be helping with the weight bearing too. After a day's trying to bend the thing, it's now much happier bearing weight. I just found myself standing with my weight spread evenly between both legs.

I'm starting to feel a bit encouraged about the recovery. I can cope without sports for now, but I'm missing being able to walk about unaided. Simple dream; but I cant wait to get back to walking to the office, having coffee with my friends at the coffee shop and buying and carrying my own shopping from the supermarket.

Getting comfy in bed and sleeping for long periods is still beyond me, hopefully when the stitches are out the wound will hurt less and let me sleep on my side.

Physio on Friday, hopefully they will have some more exercises to get me walking quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment