Monday 24 August 2009

A Coffee And A Limp

Not a lot to say about today. Sleeping is still proving a problem, so it was another late start to the day.

After a wash and before I got dressed I had a go at removing my brace on my own. I have to remove it every day and have a peek at the leg to see if it's gone septic. I'm not allowed to do a straight leg lift, as it puts too much strain on my ACL. So up until today I have relied on someone holding my leg up for me while I fiddle with the awkward velcro straps of the brace. Thankfully I have found that I can remove the thing whilst keeping my leg nice and relaxed on the bed, so that's another thing I can do for myself.

Phil and Ray took me into town to go for a coffee. It was nice to be out in the sun, but walking is still really hard. I think I'm still putting too much weight through my arms too, so I'm getting tired quickly from the 'walking'. That is something I need to work on.

My range of motion is slowly getting better. I've been sat in my chair sliding my heel slowly towards me. It's hard work and the knee still feels really tight, but there's improvement over the last few days.

My quads aren't as strong as they were, amazing how things can atrophy in just a couple of weeks. I've been tensing them and they are starting to quiver less.

I managed to cook myself some nice pasta for tea too. I can stand quite happily at the cooker, but the leg starts to ache after a while. Still, it's very early days.

No comments:

Post a Comment