Tuesday 20 October 2009

8/52



(Nothing excited happend for 7/52, I was on the turbo, that's it)

I had my last trip to the consultant yesterday. He said that I am 'doing well for 8 weeks' and that I can start to run again. No climbing yet. Climbing comes when running is fine and the legs nice and strong and happy with twisting and angles. I finally got my x-ray images too, that's my knee over there.

Physio today gave me some more exercises to get on with. Still trying to get the strength back in the poorly leg.

This evening I had my first run. It was 11 minutes and 20 seconds long, covering a massive 1.33Km. I have to run in as straight a line as possible, so watching me run is a bit like watching those turtle things you programmed at school. Surprisingly though the leg felt fine, and whilst I was really pensive about my first few steps they were fine and running wasnt a problem. Physically I felt like I could run longer, but I am going to be a good boy and keep it small distances. I'm not sure I have ever been this happy to do a pavement pounding recovery run.

More turbo action tomorrow. Plan is to alternate turbo and run nights, and then do the strength and range of motion exercises every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment